Updated Versions of Protocols and Guidelines Manual, Website User and Data Submission Manual, and Other Documents have been Posted
folder_openSurvey Materialscalendar_todayPosted November 3, 2020
Version 5.0 of the Protocols and Guidelines Manual, Version 4.0 of the Website User and Data Submission Manual, as well as revised versions of standalone documents have been updated and posted on the OAS CAHPS website. The following standalone documents are available on the Survey Materials page: FAQs for telephone interviewers in English and Spanish, XML file layouts (Standard and DSRS), and Example Patient File Layout document. The Website User and Data Submission Manual is available on the Data Submission Resources page.
The following is a summary of the main differences between Version 4.0 and Version 5.0 of the Protocols and Guidelines Manual.
- Chapter II: Added text briefly describing the 2019 OAS CAHPS Survey mode experiment and the impact on national implementation; updated descriptions of where users can find the publicly available OAS CAHPS Survey results; updated text regarding the extended period of voluntary implementation of the OAS CAHPS Survey based on the Proposed Rule published in August 2020; and added text about accessing the Vendor Facility Closed/Merged Attestation Form on the oascahps.org website.
- Chapter III: Updated vendor responsibilities list to include submission of Vendor Facility Closed/Merged Attestation Form.
- Chapter IV: Revised the anticipated response rates by mode in the text and Table 4.2; and added text for a new sampling misconception and correct implementation guidance (item #6 under "Patient Eligibility Criteria" header).
- Chapter VIII: Added text explaining that vendors must have a security incident response program.
- Chapter X : Updated diagram in Exhibit 10.1; updated screenshots throughout, where needed; and updated the web location referenced for information about the patient-mix coefficients and adjustments.
- Chapter XI: Updated protocols and guidance on vendor notifications of closed/closing facilities and added guidance on notifications of merging CCNs, including the use of the online Vendor Facility Closed/Merged Attestation Form; and added another data submission quality control check to confirm closed or merged facilities.
- Chapter XII: Added descriptions of the Vendor Facility Closed/Merged Attestation Report; added text noting that the Survey Vendor Authorization Report now includes data from any submitted Vendor Facility Closed/Merged Attestation Form; updated screenshots throughout, where needed; and updated text throughout with references to OAS CAHPS Survey public reporting websites to specify current locations of publicly reported data.
- Chapter XIV: Updated web locations where users can access OAS CAHPS Survey results; updated Table 14.2 with four additional rows; and added a footnote to Table 14.2 noting adjustments to publicly reported data due to the impact of COVID-19.
- Chapter XV: Added text clarifying that any changes made to previously submitted CCNs and/or their accompanying information in an Exception Request should be noted on the updated form.
- Appendices H and I: Updated the website where OAS CAHPS Survey results are available.
- Throughout Manual: Adjusted the eligible range of CPT-4 Codes for Surgery from 10021-69990 to 10004-69990; and updated references to the OAS CAHPS Survey Website User and Data Submission Manual from Version 3.0 to Version 4.0.
If you have questions, you can contact the OAS CAHPS Survey Coordination Team via e-mail at email@example.com or call 1-866-590-7468.