2021 Introduction to the OAS CAHPS Survey Training: Self-Paced Format
folder_openTrainingcalendar_todayPosted August 16, 2021
The 2021 Introduction to the Outpatient and Ambulatory Surgery CAHPS (OAS CAHPS) Survey Training will be offered in a self-paced format beginning in early November 2021.
We will continue to require that organizations register for this training online. Registration will be available soon. Please monitor this website for an announcement that registration is open.
The Introduction to the OAS CAHPS Survey Training is intended for the following:
- Survey organizations interested in becoming approved OAS CAHPS Survey vendors. At a minimum, the vendor's designated OAS CAHPS Project Director must register for and complete the self-paced training and the training certification after training. We strongly encourage all key OAS CAHPS staff, including sampling and data managers and key subcontractors, to complete the Introductory Training. Key subcontractors are defined as a subcontractor that will conduct substantive work to support the implementation of the OAS CAHPS Survey. For purposes of this survey, substantive work is defined as follows:
- ANY statistical function, including sample selection,
- telephone or web survey data collection (i.e., if an approved vendor is subcontracting data collection activities),
- returned mail and questionnaire receipt,
- processing data for mail, telephone or web, and
- construction or submission of XML data files.
- Survey vendors already approved as an OAS CAHPS Survey vendor are not required to complete this training; however, their staff are welcome to review the Introductory Training slides, especially those individuals who are new to the OAS CAHPS Survey and new subcontractors with significant roles (as defined above).
- Approved vendors will be required to attend the live OAS CAHPS Survey Vendor Update Training webinar on Tuesday, November 9, 2021 from 1:00 to 5:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time). Vendors seeking approval to administer one or both of the new web modes will also need to complete an online certification, which will be available soon after the Update Training.
If you have questions, you can contact the OAS CAHPS Survey Coordination Team via e-mail at email@example.com or call 1-866-590-7468.