Request for Interest in Becoming an Approved OAS CAHPS Survey Vendor
folder_openTrainingcalendar_todayPosted August 16, 2021
Important Information for Survey Organizations Interested in Becoming an Approved OAS CAHPS Survey Vendor
*** Any survey organization, not already a CMS-approved survey vendor for OAS CAHPS and interested in applying to become an approved OAS CAHPS Survey vendor must notify the OAS CAHPS Survey Coordination Team of their interest via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 3, 2021. ***
The OAS CAHPS Survey Coordination Team is preparing for the next vendor application review cycle. This will include accepting and processing applications from survey organizations and training those survey vendors to become a CMS-approved OAS CAHPS Survey vendor. However, any interested survey organizations must notify us of their intent to submit an application via email by 5:00 PM (Eastern Time) on September 3, 2021. To become a CMS-approved OAS CAHPS Survey vendor, survey organizations must, at a minimum:
- complete and submit the online OAS CAHPS Vendor Application form,
- meet the minimum business requirements posted under the "For Vendors" menu tab on this website,
- complete the self-paced Introduction to the OAS CAHPS Survey Training and in any subsequent OAS CAHPS Survey Vendor Update Training sessions,
- complete (and pass) an online certification after completing the Introductory Training, and
- ensure that any subcontractors with significant roles and staff who are in receipt of patient identifying data participate in all vendor training sessions. Key subcontractors are defined as a subcontractor that will conduct substantive work to support the implementation of the OAS CAHPS Survey. For purposes of this survey, substantive work is defined as follows:
- ANY statistical function, including sample selection,
- telephone or web survey data collection (i.e., if an approved vendor is subcontracting data collection activities),
- returned mail and questionnaire receipt,
- processing data for mail, telephone or web, and
- construction or submission of XML data files.
Additional information about survey vendor responsibilities on the OAS CAHPS Survey can be found in Chapter III of the OAS CAHPS Survey Protocols and Guidelines Manual, Version 5.0 that is available under the "Survey Materials" menu on this website.
The online OAS CAHPS Survey Vendor Application will be made available on this website in September 2021. An announcement will be posted when it is available.
Please contact the OAS CAHPS Survey Coordination Team via e-mail at email@example.com or call toll-free (866) 590-7468, if you have any questions about this request for interest.