Updated OAS CAHPS DNR Template with Missing Procedural Codes Tab
folder_openOther Announcementscalendar_todayPosted July 21, 2023
As a reminder, starting with the January 2023 sample month, vendors must submit an online DNR and an accompanying Excel file (using the template available through the online DNR form) when the percentage of patient records in a monthly patient file with missing procedural codes is more than 10%. (See previous announcement posted 1/31/23 for more details.)
The online DNR Excel template available on the OAS CAHPS website has been updated with clarifications to the Missing Procedural Codes tab. The header information for each data point at the time of sampling and at the time of data submission, have been clarified and additional data points have been added to facilitate auto-calculation of the percentage of cases with missing procedure codes. The clarifications are as follows for each affected sample month:
At the time of sampling for each month:
- The number of eligible patient records (including presumed eligible) before sampling,
- The number of presumed eligible patient records with missing procedural codes before sampling, and
- The percentage of patient records missing procedural codes (the cell will auto calculate the percentage).
At the time of data submission for each month:
- The number of patient records sampled,
- The number of patient records still missing procedural codes, and
- The percentage of sampled patient records still missing procedural codes (the cell will auto calculate the percentage).
Additional information on protocols for handling missing procedural codes can be found in Chapter IV and Chapter XVII of the OAS CAHPS Protocols and Guidelines Manual, Version 7.0.
Please contact the OAS CAHPS Survey Coordination Team via e-mail at email@example.com or call toll-free (866) 590-7468 if you have any questions.