OAS CAHPS Planned Survey Materials for 2022 Posted
folder_openSurvey Materialscalendar_todayPosted July 22, 2021
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) intends to roll out two new modes for the OAS CAHPS Survey, starting in 2022 - web with mail follow-up of nonrespondents and web with telephone follow-up of nonrespondents. In anticipation of these proposed changes, which are documented in the Proposed Rule for calendar year (CY) 2022, we have made the revised survey materials available on the OAS CAHPS website, under the "Survey Materials" menu tab. The new materials include the following:
- NEW web survey questionnaire,
- NEW web survey invitation letter and e-mail message,
- NEW web survey reminder letter and e-mail message,
- NEW web with mail follow-up questionnaire cover letter,
- NEW (optional) telephone-only prenotification letter,
- Revised mail questionnaire,
- Revised mail cover letters,
- Revised telephone interview script,
- Revised XML data file layouts,
- Revised Example Patient File Layout, and
- Revised telephone interviewer FAQs.
The current versions of these materials are also available through the "Survey Materials" menu tab. A toggle button allows you to alternate between the current materials and the planned materials for 2022.
A couple of other things to note:
- In addition to the new materials noted above, CMS has also expanded the translations available for telephone administration to include Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
- The Quick Links box on the Home page contains a new link to table summarizing the timing of all contact attempts by survey mode that takes effect with the January 2022 sample month. A direct link to this document is provided here.
As vendors receive questions from their client hospitals and ASCs about CMS' planned changes, we encourage vendors to direct their clients to the OAS CAHPS Survey Coordination Team. The OAS CAHPS Survey Coordination Team can be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free (866) 590-7468, if you have any questions.