OAS CAHPS Survey 2022 Annual QAP Update
folder_openOther Announcementscalendar_todayPosted April 29, 2022
This is a friendly reminder that the deadline for OAS CAHPS Survey vendors to submit their Annual Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) is 11:59 PM Eastern Time on May 31, 2022.
Please note that if your operations temporarily changed due to COVID-19, those changes do not need to be detailed in the QAP at this time. As a reminder, documentation of plans to work remotely during the COVID-19 impact period are reviewed by CMS via an Exceptions Request Form. If you are implementing permanent changes to your operations, (beyond the COVID-19 impact period), please describe these in the QAP.
To ensure prompt review and acceptance of your QAP upon submission, please follow the procedures listed below:
- Locate the version of your most recently approved QAP; that is, the version that was accepted by CMS and the Coordination Team for 2021.
- Make a document copy of that version (MS Word preferred) and accept all tracked changes, creating a clean copy of your QAP.
- Make any updates to this clean version using track changes, so that your document reflects only the new changes made since your last approved QAP.
- Make sure to include updates to your QAP if your organization has had changes in OAS CAHPS Survey personnel, changes to protocols or procedures, and/or changes in approved survey mode(s).
- NOTE: applications updated to include new web modes must be approved before updates to the QAP are made.
- Make sure your QAP follows the format shown in the Model QAP posted on the OAS CAHPS website. Also make sure that you provide information for every topic included in the Model QAP.
- Before submitting your annual QAP, check it carefully to make sure that it reflects all OAS CAHPS Survey protocols disseminated via announcements posted on the OAS CAHPS website and/or described in the latest version of the Protocols and Guidelines Manual.
- Submit your QAP online via the OAS CAHPS website (https://oascahps.org/).
Remember that you must also update your online OAS CAHPS Vendor Application Form if you have been approved to changed key personnel and/or subcontractors, and/or have changed your business name or location.
Please contact the OAS CAHPS Survey Coordination Team at 1-866-590-7468 or via email at email@example.com if you have any questions about the QAP submission or review process.