Hospitals and ASCs who are participating must:
- Designate an OAS CAHPS Survey Administrator. The designated OAS CAHPS Survey Administrator’s roles and responsibilities are listed below.
- Register as the Survey Administrator for the HOPD, ASC, or survey vendor on the OAS CAHPS web portal;
- Designate another individual within the organization to serve as the backup OAS CAHPS Survey Administrator;
- Remove access or approve the removal of access for users who are no longer authorized to access the private side of the web portal;
- Serve as the main point of contact with the OAS CAHPS Survey Coordination Team; and
- Notify the OAS CAHPS Survey Coordination Team if your role as the OAS CAHPS Survey Administrator will no longer be valid and identify a successor.
- Complete the two-step registration process:
1. Register for user credentials by completing the Facility Administrator Registration Form.
2. Using the login credentials provided after registering, complete the CCN Registration Form available from your customized dashboard.
- Authorize an *approved survey vendor to submit OAS CAHPS data on their behalf, by completing the online authorization form available from your customized dashboard.
To become a CMS-approved OAS CAHPS vendor, survey vendors must:
- Meet a set of minimum business requirements located here.
- Designate an OAS CAHPS Survey Administrator. The designated OAS CAHPS Survey Administrator’s roles and responsibilities are listed in the section above.
- Register for user credentials by completing the Vendor Registration Form.
- Using the login credentials provided after registering, complete the online Vendor Application form, available from your customized dashboard.
- Vendor applicants must complete the self-paced Introduction to the OAS CAHPS Survey Training, available on the "Training Materials" webpage. Previously approved OAS CAHPS vendors must attend the annual Update Webinar Training, which will be conducted in the November 2023. An announcement will be posted when the Update Training session is scheduled and the "Training Information" webpage will also be updated with additional information at that time.
* Note that survey vendors receive approval status after successfully completing training requirements and demonstrating their experience and capabilities to CMS and the OAS CAHPS Survey Coordination Team.