Hospitals and ASCs who are participating must:
- Designate an OAS CAHPS Survey Administrator. The designated OAS CAHPS Survey Administrator’s roles and responsibilities are listed below.
- Complete the two-step registration process on the OAS CAHPS website:
- Step 1: Register as the Survey Administrator establishing login credentials for this website (through this online form); and
- Step 2: Register the CMS Certification Number(s) (CCN) of the HOPD or ASC the Survey Administrator will be responsible for;
- Designate another individual within the organization to serve as the backup OAS CAHPS Survey Administrator;
- Remove access or approve the removal of access for users who are no longer authorized to access the private side of the web portal;
- Serve as the main point of contact with the OAS CAHPS Survey Coordination Team and OAS CAHPS Data Center; and
- Notify the OAS CAHPS Survey Coordination Team if your role as the OAS CAHPS Survey Administrator will no longer be valid and identify a successor.
- Using the login credentials provided after registering, complete the CCN Registration Form available from your customized dashboard.
- Authorize an *approved survey vendor to submit OAS CAHPS data on their behalf, by completing the online authorization form available from your customized dashboard.
To become a CMS-approved OAS CAHPS vendor, survey vendors must:
- Meet a set of minimum business requirements located here.
- Designate an OAS CAHPS Survey Administrator. The designated OAS CAHPS Survey Administrator’s roles and responsibilities are listed in the section above.
- Register for user credentials by completing the Vendor Registration Form.
- Using the login credentials provided after registering, complete the online Vendor Application form, available from your customized dashboard. The Vendor Registration and Vendor Application forms will be available starting in September 2017. If you wish to become an approved OAS CAHPS survey vendor, submit the application by December 29, 2017.
- Vendor applicants must attend a two-part Introduction to the OAS CAHPS Survey Webinar Training , which is scheduled for November 14 and 15, 2017. Previously approved OAS CAHPS vendors must attend the Update Training, which is scheduled for November 16, 2017. More information on the OAS CAHPS webinar trainings can be found on the “Training Information” page.
* Note that survey vendors receive approval status after successfully completing Introduction to the OAS CAHPS Survey Webinar training session and all subsequent vendor Update Training sessions and after receiving conditional approval of their Vendor Application.